. CRACK CHICKEN – DAIRY FREE | PALEO | KETO | Keto

CRACK CHICKEN – DAIRY FREE | PALEO | KETO


Truth be told, when I added the ingredients to the crock pot, I didn’t really know what I was doing. I literally plopped in some chicken, seasonings and at the last minute, I decided to toss in a tub of Kite Hill Cream “Cheese” Spread. When I shared this on my stories on IG, I got a handful of messages that I was making ‘Crack Chicken’. Hmmmm…..ok. I had never heard of Crack Chicken and I wasn’t even sure how it was served – I was merely prepping some chicken to have on hand for a quick lunch or dinner.



As mentioned, I do use a non-dairy cream “cheese”. It works well for me and honestly, I don’t really notice a difference in texture or taste. Since consuming dairy gives me a queasy tummy sometimes, I am so grateful that products like Kite Hill even exist. I will be dabbling with it in the upcoming months to make cheese cake or other fall flavored treats so all you non-dairy peeps can enjoy some treats! You can certainly use regular cream cheese if you prefer and can tolerate it, however …I suggest taking dairy out of your diet for at least 30 days.

Crack Chicken

Ingredients:

4 chicken breasts – skinless/boneless
1 cup chicken broth
1 tub Kite Hill Cream “Cheese” Spread
2 tsp onion flakes
1 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp dill weed
1 tsp paprika
1 1/2 tsp parsley
2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Instructions:

Pour chicken broth into crockpot and add chicken breasts.

Shake on all seasonings over top of chicken and dollop the tub of cream “cheese” spread onto chicken.

Turn on crockpot to 8 hrs/low.

Cook up 6 pieces of bacon and set to the side. Cut into bits when cooled. Save bacon grease.

Once chicken is done, shred using a couple of forks while in crockpot, making sure cream “cheese” is mixed through.